2017 – Present
Independent Study & Research
- German language study in Bonn, Germany at Steinke Institut.
- Assisted open source project – ElectricityMap.org, primarily in the development of thermal power plant efficiency/carbon intensity modeling and integration of North American ISO/RTO systems within the ElectricityMap platform.
2014 – Present
Freelance Energy Projects & Independent Research
- Independent, self-funded researcher, copywriter and publisher of global energy technology analyses; examining subjects holistically from intricate operational details to macro-economic implication of our lower carbon intensity transition.
- A focus on “rational sustainability” foremost through deployment of highly-scalable, intelligently-derived advanced generation technology resource integration and management strategies to cost effectively reduce carbon intensity.
- Extensive global networking and knowledge sharing with passionate energy professionals, engineers, operators, project managers and chiefs of industry.
2010 – 2014
Lightning Eliminators & Consultants | Project Manager & Field Supervisor
- Direct professional interface with contractors and clients to execute projects safely, cost effectively and on-schedule.
- Extensive logistical arrangement, independent travel and “boots-on-the-ground” work experience within company assets at over 2000 global locations.
- Inspect, document and repair existing proprietary assets to ensure engineered compliance and system effectiveness, including sites in Canada, Chad, Indonesia, Israel, Mexico, Nigeria, South Africa, the Netherlands, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates and Venezuela.
- Resource mining of internal historical documentation to lead company in lapsed-client re-acquisition and new business generation with global multinational companies.
- Safely operated in high-risk locations; refineries, towers and stacks, petrochemical and manufacturing centers, power plants, on/offshore oil and gas assets.
2008 – 2010
Next Generation Energy | Project Field Manager & System Engineering
- Renewable Energy; solar thermal, solar photovoltaic, wind turbines, off-grid solutions, hydronic heating systems, innovative racking systems and new product testing.
- Project design, crew supervision, quality control, mechanical lift and crane rigging.
- Solar thermal systems maintenance and operational trouble shooting.
- Development of cost and pricing protocols for new product lines.
- Engineering-to-field integration, identifying needs and product improvement, conversion to efficient and cost effective solutions, problem solving.
- Designed and implemented scalable, systematic nomenclature for 4000-item inventory, procurement, distribution, sales and manufactured products cost controls.
2004 – 2008
Boreal Tree Service | Owner, Founder & Tree Climber (Arborist)
- Full spectrum management of business; human resources, database management, taxation & regulations, customer relations, marketing, fleet and equipment maintenance.
- Extensive roping, rigging and cranes to mitigate hazardous threats.
- Pruning and removal of trees (+30mtr) in close proximity to buildings and real property.
- Instilled “Safety-First” work culture throughout team at heights and within dynamic, high-risk environments.
1996 – 2003
ACRT, Inc. | Utility Forester – Electric Distribution & Transmission
- Diverse contracts with Pacific Gas & Electric, San Diego Gas & Electric and Sierra Pacific Power companies; various survey and vegetation management program objectives achievements.
- Initial surveys, dynamic hazard mitigation assessments, workflow organization and monitoring of contractor crews’ compliance with utility specifications.
- Facilitated MOU creation with USFS, US BLM and Tahoe Conservancy to best achieve efficiency, safety and respective organizational objectives regarding vegetation/trees within ROWs and in proximity to electric HV power lines.